Creating roles in the admin organization
Cloud Manager ships with a set of pre-configured roles. As the Cloud Manager administrator, you can create custom roles, add permissions, and assign the roles to members of the Admin organization.
If you are assigned a role that has the Settings: manage permission, you can create custom roles for the Admin organization. The Admin organization roles apply only to Cloud Manager users.
About this task
One of the following roles is required to add custom roles:
- Topology Administrator
- Custom role with the Settings: manage permissions
Perform the following steps to add custom roles to the Admin Organization:
- In the Cloud Manager, click Settings.
- Select Roles.
- Click Add to add a new role.
- Enter the Title for the role. The Name will be auto-generated.
- Use the check boxes to select the permissions for the role. For a description of the permissions and the actions they enable, see User roles and permissions in the Cloud Manager UI.
- Save the custom role.
The custom role appears in the list of roles and can be assigned to members.
Assign the role to a member in the Members list. See Assigning roles to members