Retiring a Product
You can retire a published or deprecated Product by using the Manage Products page within a Catalog in API Manager. When a Product is retired, all associated APIs are taken offline, and any subscriptions are deleted. The syndication feature in IBM® API Connect means that you can also use the Manage Products page within a Space in a Catalog to retire a Product.
Before you begin
The Product that you are retiring must be in the Published or Deprecated state.
To complete the Product management tasks that are described in this topic, you must either be the owner of the API provider organization, or be assigned Manage permission for Products in the Catalog that contains the Product. If you have View permission for Products, you have read-only access to the Product management page. For information on configuring Product management permissions for a Catalog, see Creating and configuring Catalogs.
The syndication feature in IBM API Connect means that Products can be contained within a Space in a Catalog. In this case, to complete the Product management tasks that are described in this topic, you must either be the owner of the API provider organization, or be assigned Manage permission for Products in the Space that contains the Product. For information on configuring Product management permissions for a Space, see Managing user access in a Space.
To retire a Product, complete the following steps.
In the navigation pane of the API Manager UI, click
Manage, then select the Catalog that you want to work with.
The Products page of the Catalog opens, and all of the Products available in that Catalog are displayed.
If the Product that you want to work with is contained within a Space, select the
required Space by
completing the following steps:
The Products page of the Space opens, and all of the Products available in that Space are displayed.
- Click the Spaces tab.
- Select the Space that you want to work with.
- Alongside the Product version that you want to work with, click the options icon and then click Retire. The Retire Product window opens.
If approval is required to retire Products in this Catalog, an approval request is sent, and the Product moves to the Pending state; the Product is retired when the request is approved. If approval is not required, the Product is retired immediately. For information on configuring Product lifecycle approvals for a Catalog, see Creating and configuring Catalogs. For information on approving requests, see Approving Product lifecycle and subscription requests.Note:
- Approval for Product lifecycle state changes in a Catalog is disabled by default. You must explicitly enable the Product lifecycle state changes that you want to enforce.
- Product lifecycle approvals can be configured only at the Catalog level. This feature is not available at the Space level.
- You can view the history of Product lifecycle requests and approvals, by clicking the options icon alongside the Product that you want to work with, and selecting View Approval History.
If the Product has any monetized Plans, the billing cycles for any subscriptions are canceled as well. For more information, see Considerations when changing a Product lifecycle with billing integration.