Attaching a documentation file to APIs
You can attach a file to APIs in the Developer Portal, and display them as documentation attachments. You can attach multiple files to APIs.
Before you begin
You must have administrator or content author access to complete this task.
About this task
An administrator can configure the types of file that are uploaded, and the number of files that a user can upload.
- txt doc pdf
- xls ppt pptx
- docx xlsx rtf
- odt ods odp md json
- yaml tgz tar zip
- If the administrator dashboard is not displayed, click Manage to display it.
- Click Content in the administrator dashboard.
- Click Edit next to the API you want to attach the file to.
- In the Documentation section, click Browse and identify the file that you want to upload, then click Open.
- Click Upload, then click Save.
- Optional: Clear the Display checkbox for the file if you want to upload and attach the file to the API, but not show it in the Developer Portal.
- Optional: Enter a description for your file in the Description field. This description can be used as the label of the link to the file.
- Optional: If you uploaded multiple files, you can use the drag handle next to the file name to rearrange them.