Adding tags to an operation
You can include tags in API operation definition. Such tags are added to the OpenAPI definition of the API but are not used by API Connect for any indexing.
About this task
Note: This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the required API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- Expand Paths, then expand the required Path.
- Expand Operations, then expand the required operation.
- To add a new operation tag, click the add icon alongside the Tags entry for the operation in the navigation pane. To edit an existing tag, expand Tags then click the tag name in the navigation pane.
- If you are creating a new operation tag, click Create.
- Click Save when done.