Installing a two data center deployment on OpenShift
How to deploy a two data center disaster recovery (2DCDR) deployment on OpenShift.
Ensure that you understand the concepts of 2DCDR in API Connect. For more information, see Two data center deployment strategy on Kubernetes and OpenShift.
Familiarize yourself with the OpenShift installation instructions linked from Deploying on OpenShift and Cloud Pak for Integration.
Note: 2DCDR is not supported on OpenShift where the top-level CR is used. For 2DCDR on OpenShift, you must install API Connect as individual subsystems. See Installing with subsystem CRs in a shared namespace on OpenShift and Installing with subsystem CRs in different namespaces or environments on OpenShift.
The prerequisites for a 2DCDR deployment on OpenShift are as follows.
- The management and portal endpoints must be the same on both data centers.
- The network latency between data centers must be no more than 80 ms.
- The management cluster in each data center must use the same encryption secret.
- The portal cluster in each data center must use the same encryption secret.
- The ingress-ca certificate must be the same on both data centers.
- API Connect is not supported on a FIPS-enabled environment.
- It is not possible to use the Automated API behavior testing application (Installing the Automated API behavior testing application) in a 2DCDR configuration (Two data center deployment strategy on Kubernetes and OpenShift).