Enabling Analytics after upgrading
After the upgrade successfully completes, re-enable Analytics data collection.
If upgrading from v10.0.5 you do not need to do these steps.
Before you begin
This task is only required if you are upgrading from releases prior to 10.0.5.0.
About this task
- Recreate your analytics backup secret:
If this step is skipped then backups will not run.
- Delete the secret:
oc delete secret analytics-backup-secret
- Re-create the secret with a new name:
oc create secret generic <new backup secret name> --from-literal=access_key='Your_Access_Key' --from-literal=secret_key='Your_access_key_secret' -n Namespace_of_Analytics_Subsystem
- Update the credentials value in your top-level CR with the new backup secret name. Also, change
your backup path to prevent the backups list showing pre-upgrade backups that you cannot restore
from. For example:
If you are not using top-level CR, update these properties in your Analytics CR.
spec: analytics: databaseBackup: ... credentials: <new backup secret name> path: <new backup path> ...
- Delete the secret:
- Delete the old analytics PVCs. If this step is not done, then
your previous (and now inaccessible) analytics data will continue to occupy storage
space. List your PVCs and identify those that contain the following strings in their names:
storage-master, storage-coord, storage-data, storage-shared, kafka, zk. These PVCs should all have an
AGEthat dates back to before you started your upgrade.
In this example,
kubectl get pvc -n <namespace> NAME STATUS VOLUME CAPACITY ACCESS MODES STORAGECLASS AGE ... data-ger2-analytics-storage-0 Bound a7s-pv-8735e017 250Gi RWO rook-ceph-block 3h29m data-ger2-analytics-storage-shared-0 Bound a7s-pv-30aac7ed 250Gi RWO rook-ceph-block 227d ...
data-ger2-analytics-storage-shared-0contains the string
storage-shared, and it is 227 days old. To delete it, run:
kubectl delete pvc data-ger2-analytics-storage-shared-0 -n <namespace>
- Add the new analytics:view permission to the Administrator
role in the Cloud
- Click , then select Roles
- Click on the Administrator role and select Edit
- Select the checkbox next to the analytics permission and click save:
- Register new analytics services: Registering an analytics service
- Associate your new analytics services with your gateways Associating an analytics service with a gateway service