Custom module development: an introduction to Drupal tools for PHP development
Some guidance about the Drupal tools and environment considerations when developing in PHP, to help when writing custom modules to extend your Developer Portal functionality.
- You are not permitted to include any IBM® API Connect modules within any custom modules that you create. Also, directly editing any API Connect themes, modules, included modules, or Drupal core on the file system is not permitted or supported, as edited versions of these files are overwritten when a fix pack or iFix is installed.
- All custom development is your responsibility. Although the use of custom modules and themes is supported, IBM API Connect do not provide support in their development or modification.
Devel, Devel Generate Kint, and Webprofiler development modules
- Devel - Helper functions for Drupal developers.
- Devel Generate Kint - Accelerate development of your site or module by quickly generating nodes, comments, terms, users, and more.
- Kint - Pretty print of variables with
- Webprofiler - Port of the Symfony WebProfiler Bundle as a Drupal module.
Admin Toolbar module
The Admin Toolbar module improves the default Drupal Toolbar by transforming it into a drop-down menu, providing fast access to the administration pages. It also adds extra links to the Drupal icon on the admin toolbar to development tools such as flush all caches, run cron, and run updates.
For more information, see Admin toolbar module on drupal.org.
Examples for developers project
The Examples for Developers project aims to provide high-quality, well-documented API examples for a broad range of Drupal core functionality.
For more information, see Examples for developers project on drupal.org.
The Drupal Coding Standards apply to code within Drupal and its contributed modules. For more information, see Coding standards on drupal.org.