Tutorial: Synchronizing application credentials from the Developer Portal with an external server
You can synchronize application credentials from the Developer Portal with an external server.
Before you begin
You must have administrator access to complete this task.
Download the Application credential synchronization module.
About this task
In this tutorial, you can synchronize the application credentials from the Developer Portal with an external credentials server that you organization might already have. This is done by configuring a custom module and installing it in the Developer Portal.
The file that you have downloaded is a custom module that contains multiple methods that can be configured with your REST endpoints, and any further specifications that you want to define, to synchronize your Developer Portal application credentials with an external credential server.
For more information, see Custom module development: background and prerequisites.
To configure the custom module to synchronize application credentials:
In the appcreds_sync.module file, replace
example.comwith your REST endpoint for the following method types:
passwordwith your username and password in the
('username' . ':' . 'password')Note: You can also configure the SSL settings if you need to.
- After you have finished configuring the module, click Save, and zip up the module.
To install the configured custom module in the Developer Portal:
- On the administrator dashboard, click Modules
- Click Install new modules.
- You can enter a path to the module in the Install from a URL field. Alternatively, you can upload a module under the Upload a module or theme archive to install heading.
- Click Install.
To enable the module:
- On the administrator dashboard, click Modules.
- Search for and enable the custom module.
- Click Save configuration.