Specifying external documentation for an API
You can reference an external resource for extended documentation for an API.
About this task
Note: This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser-based API Manager UI.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- Expand the General section, then click External Documentation.
- Provide the following information:
- URL (required): The URL for the target documentation.
- Description: An optional description of the target documentation. You can use CommonMark syntax for rich text representation.
- Click Save when done.