Migrating v5-compatible APIs to API Gateway
Use the migration utility to automate the migration of v5-compatible APIs to DataPower API Gateway APIs.
About this task
If your deployment includes v5-compatible APIs, they can only be used with the DataPower v5-compatible Gateway (also known as the v5c gateway). To use the v5-compatible APIs with the DataPower API Gateway, you must migrate the APIs to the newer format.
- Install and configure the required version of API Connect and migration tools.
- Plan and test your migration to ensure all tools work as intended.
- Use the API Connect operations tool (
apicops) to extract API data from your v10.0.5.4 (or later) deployment.
- Use the API Connect migration utility (AMU) to unpack the data into YML files for porting to the newer format.
- Review the unpacked data and port the v5-compatible APIs to the format required by the DataPower API Gateway.
- Use the AMU to load the ported APIs back into your v10.0.5.4 (or later) deployment.