Editing a request body
A request body defines the structure of the body of an API request.
Open the details form for a request body; see Defining request body components.
Before you begin
About this task
- This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- OpenAPI 3.0 APIs are supported only with the DataPower® API Gateway, not with the DataPower Gateway (v5 compatible).
- For details of current OpenAPI 3.0 support limitations, see OpenAPI 3.0 support in IBM® API Connect.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
Provide the following information:
- Name: A name for the request body. Available if you are creating a request body component, this name defines a key that enables this request body to be referenced from elsewhere in the API definition; the reference has the following format:
- Description: A description of the request body. You can use CommonMark syntax for rich text representation.
- Content: A content definition describes the content of the request
To define a new content definition for the request body, click Add, then refer to Creating a content definition.
To edit an existing content definition, click the content definition name, then refer to Editing a content definition.
- Required: Determines if the request body is required in the request.
- Name: A name for the request body.
- Click Save when done.
If required, use the breadcrumb trail to navigate to another location in the hierarchy of the object you are working on.