Authenticating by using your enterprise user registry
IBM® API Connect supports a variety of user registry types for authenticating users and securing APIs.
You can use your enterprise user registry for authentication in API Connect if it is of one of the following types:
- LDAP directory
- If your user registry uses Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), you can use it in API Connect for both user authentication and API security.
- Authentication URL User Registry
- You can configure a non-LDAP user registry by using an authentication URL user registry. An authentication URL user registry enables integration with third-party authentication providers. You can use an authentication URL user registry in API Connect for both user authentication and API security.
- Local User Registry
- You can authenticate users with a local user registry. A local user registry is an internal registry stored within API Connect.
- OpenID Connect
- You can authenticate users through an identity provider that supports the OpenID Connect (OIDC) authentication protocol.