Locating API information on the Endpoints tab
The assembly tool's Endpoints tab opens a page that displays information for use when you call APIs externally. This tab displays only when an API's status is Online (the API was activated).
Use the Endpoints tab to retrieve information that you can use when you call the API from an application.
Note: The fields in the Sandbox Sample Application Credentials section apply to the assembly tool's built-in client application and not to any application that you created. The credentials that display here are the default credentials that display in the assembly tool Test panel's "Identification" section.
To copy information from the Endpoints tab, click next to a field.
The following values for the API are displayed in the Endpoints tab so that you can copy them and paste them into calls:
- Base API Endpoint
- The URL representing the endpoint of the API that you are editing and testing. To invoke the API, append one of its supported queries (path and parameters) to this URL.
- Client ID and Client Secret
- The values of the built-in test application's client ID and client secret. You can invoke APIs externally by providing the application's credentials in the request header.
- OAuth Token URL
- If you specified an OAuth provider in the API's security definition, then this field displays the URL where you can obtain an access token for calling the API.
- OAuth Auth URL
- If you specified an OAuth provider in the API's security definition, then this field displays the URL where you can submit an access token and receive an authorization token in exchange. You then use the authorization token when calling the API.
- Rate Limit
- If you specified a rate limit on the Security panel when you created the API, the limit is displayed here for reference. If you did not specify a rate limit, the default rate limit displays.