Associating an analytics service with a gateway service
To collect data about your API usage and other statistics, you must associate an analytics service with each gateway service. You can associate multiple gateway services with one analytics service, but each gateway can be associated with only one analytics service.
Before you begin
- Run Install Assist to configure the Default Availability Zone that contains the Management service.
- Register a gateway service and an analytics service.
About this task
Each gateway service is associated with an analytics service. Each gateway service can be associated with only one analytics service (a one-one relationship), however, each analytics service can associated with one or more gateway services (a one-many relationship). The associated analytics service collects API event data from the gateway service.
In order to associate an analytics service with a gateway, you must first configure at least one analytics service and one gateway service.
One of the following roles is required to associate an analytics service with a gateway service:
- Topology Administrator
- A custom role with the
Follow these steps to associate an analytics service with a gateway service:
- In the Cloud Manager, click Topology.
- In the section for the Availability Zone you want to work on, locate the Gateway service that requires an Analytics service in the SERVICE column.
- Locate the ASSOCIATED ANALYTICS SERVICE column.
- If an Analytics service has been configured, the Associate Analytics service link is enabled for each Gateway service. Click Associate Analytics Service in the same row as the Gateway service that requires an Analytics service.
- In Associate Analytics Service, you will see the name of the Gateway service and a list of Analytics services that have been configured in your cloud.
- Select the Analytics service to associate with the Gateway service by adding a checkmark, then click Associate.
- To remove the associated Analytics service, select Unassociate analytics service from the actions menu. Note that when there is no Analytics service associated with a Gateway service, all analytics collection will be disabled and there will be no data in either the API Manager Dashboards or third-party offloads.