Deploying the Analytics subsystem
You can add analytics data collection by deploying the IBM® API Connect Analytics OVA file on a VMware virtual server.
Before you begin
- Review the Deployment requirements on VMware.
- Review the API Connect configuration on VMware.
- Review What's new for v10 installation
- For information on deploying a cluster, see Configuring API Connect subsystems in a cluster
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, see Upgrading API Connect.
About this task
You must deploy the API Connect OVA template to create each Analytics virtual server that you want in your cloud.
Complete the following steps in order:
- Specify configuration settings for the Analytics subsystem and create an ISO. See Configuring the Analytics subsystem
- Deploy the subsystem OVA into an appliance VM. See Deploying the Analytics subsystem OVA file.
- Verify the deployment. See Verifying deployment of the Analytics subsystem
- Full installation in
Table 1. Kubernetes pods in a full Analytics installation Number Pod 2 client 2 ingestion 2 mtls 1 operator equal to the number of nodes analytics-storage-basic
Note that for all pod types except analytics-storage-basic, there is only one of each pod when installed with
devdeployment-profile. For analytics-storage-basic, the number of pods always matches the number of nodes in the subsystem, regardless of installation mode.
- Message queue deployment in
Prodmode: All of the pods shown in Table Table 1, plus:
Table 2. Additional pods used for Message Queue deployments Number Pod equal to the number of nodes mq-kafka equal to the number of nodes mq-zookeeper
Note that the number of pods for mq-kafka and mq-zookeeper always match the number of nodes in the subsystem, regardless of installation mode.
- Ingestion-only installation in
Table 3. Kubernetes pods in an ingestion-only Analytics installation Number Pods 2 ingestion 2 mtls
Note that in
Devdeployment-profile there is only one of each pod.
What to do next
Identify the DataPower® appliances to be used as gateway servers in the API Connect cloud and obtain the IP addresses.
Define your API Connect configuration by using the API Connect cloud console. For more information, see Defining the cloud.