Emailing plan subscribers
As a site administrator, you can use the email
Plan subscribers wizard
to send messages to all subscribers of a chosen plan that belongs to a specific product on your Developer Portal.
Before you begin
You must have administrator access to complete this task.
About this task
You can use the email
Plan subscribers wizard to send messages to all
subscribers of a chosen plan that belongs to a specific product on your Developer Portal
community. For each consumer org, you can select whether to email just the owner or all members.
Each recipient receives an individual email.
- If the administrator dashboard is not displayed, click Manage to display it.
- Navigate to .
Plan subscribers, and click Save.
- In the text box, enter the name of the product whose subscribers you want to email. If you start typing in the text box, you can choose from the options that you are given. Click Next.
- Select the name of the plan whose subscribers you want to email. Click Next.
- Select the role of the recipients that you want to send the email to, then click
- Owners - sends the email to the relevant consumer organization owners.
- Members - sends the email to all members of the relevant consumer organizations.
- Enter the content of the email, subject, and body, and set the Text Format of the
- Basic HTML
- Plain text
- Expand the REPLACEMENTS drop-down, and click Browse
available tokens to view which tokens can be added to the subject and body fields for
You can select a token to use by either typing it directly, or by clicking in the subject or body field. You are then given a list of available tokens, and you can insert the token that you want. For a reference list of tokens, see Token reference.
- Expand the ADDITIONAL EMAIL OPTIONS drop-down to configure any
Priority: Set the priority of the email. Many email programs ignore a priority setting.
Request receipt: Request a read receipt from your emails. Many email programs ignore these requests so it is not a definitive indication of how many people read your email.
Additional headers: Set any additional headers to be sent with the email.
- Use the remaining check boxes to configure what messages are to be sent and how:
- Send the message directly by using the Batch API. This option sends the emails directly by the Batch API. If not selected, then the emails are added to the spool and sent out by cron.
- Send a copy of all messages to the sender. Because emails might contain context-specific tokens, a new email is generated for each recipient with the correct token replacement. This option sends a copy of all generated emails to the sender.
- Send a copy of the original message to the sender. This option sends a single copy of the original email, subject, and body, without the replacement of any specified tokens.
- Click Next.
- Confirm that the email is ready to send, then click Next.
- If you chose to send the emails by the Batch API, you see a progress page that indicates
how many emails were sent. You are then redirected to a summary page that shows the total number of
emails that were sent.
If you chose to spool the delivery of the emails, you are redirected to the summary page that shows the total number of emails that are spooled.
- Click Finish.