Specifying schemes for an operation
The schemes settings define which transfer protocols you want your API operation to use.
About this task
Note: This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the required API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- Expand Paths, then expand the required Path.
- Expand Operations, expand the required operation, then, if there are any existing schemes, expand Schemes List.
- You can either add a new scheme, or edit any existing scheme.
- To add a scheme, click the add icon alongside Schemes List, select
the required transfer protocol, then click Create.Note: If your API is enforced by an API Connect gateway, only the HTTPS protocol is supported.
- To edit an existing scheme, click the scheme in the navigation pane, then change the transfer protocol as required.
- To add a scheme, click the add icon alongside Schemes List, select the required transfer protocol, then click Create.
- Click Save when done.