Specifying the MIME types that an API operation consumes
You can specify which types of media your API operation will accept when calls are made to it. The API Connect gateway supports XML and JSON.
About this task
Note: This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the required API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- Expand Paths, then expand the required Path.
- Expand Operations, then expand the required operation.
- To specify a new MIME type, click the add icon alongside Consumes. To modify an existing MIME type, click the MIME type entry in the navigation pane.
- Enter the required value in the Mime Type field; for example,
application/xml. Then click Create.
- Click Save when done.