Defining parameters for an operation
Responses define the HTTP status code and data returned in a response body and headers.
About this task
Note: This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the required API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- Expand Paths, then expand the required Path.
- Expand Operations, then expand the required operation.
- You can either create a new operation parameter, or edit any existing parameter.
- To create an operation parameter, click the add icon alongside Path Parameters, then refer to Creating a parameter.
- To edit an existing operation parameter, click the parameter name in the navigation pane, then refer to Editing a parameter.