Backing up and restoring the management subsystem
You can use the following instructions to back up and restore your Management subsystem on API Connect.
- To complete a backup and restore of your Management subsystem, you must have the
custom resourceconfigured with the
databaseBackupsubsection in the management subsystem custom resource.
- Backups can be scheduled or generated manually (on-demand). You can then list what backups are
available and then use one to restore your Management subsystem if
kubectl get mgmtb -n <namespace>
- Postgres replica pods depend on a successful completed backup. If backup configuration is not correct, replica pods won't come up.
- Custom resource (CR) templates are provided in the
helper_filesarchive to install each API Connect subsystem. You decompressed these files into an installation folder of your choosing in Obtaining product files.
- For points to consider when backing up and restoring a two data center disaster recovery deployment on Kubernetes, see Backup and restore considerations for a two data center deployment.
- Restoring a backup restores the registration credentials (client_ID, client_secret) that were in use at the time that the selected backup was created. For information on the registration credentials, see Changing the registration client_id and client_secret for applications.
Note: You must backup both the Management and Portal subsystems at the same time, to ensure synchronicity across the services.
Types of backups supported
- Cloud-based S3 storage
- IBM Cloud Object Storage
- AWS S3
- v10.0.2.0 or greater: Any custom S3, such as minIO.
- Local storage backups