Activating your Cloud Manager user account
If you have been invited to be an administrator of your API Connect cloud, you must activate your account by using the activation link that was sent by another administrator. You can then access the Cloud Manager user interface.
A cloud administrator invited you to join API Connect .
Before you begin
- Complete the following steps to activate your Cloud
- If the Identity Provider uses LDAP
- An invitation email with an activation link is sent. Click the activation link, or paste it in a browser, to log in directly with your LDAP user credentials. Upon authentication, the API Connect user record is updated from the backend identity provider.
- If the Identity Provider uses a local registry
- An invitation email with an activation link is sent. Click the activation link or paste it in a
browser. The activation link takes you to a sign up page where you enter your first name, last name
and password. Passwords must have a minimum of 8 characters and contain characters from at least
three of the four following categories:
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- Special characters (for example: ! # $ %)
- The email address that you enter on the sign up page must match the email address to which the invitation email was sent, otherwise the account activation fails.
- If you previously had an account that was removed, and you are being invited again, you must re-activate your account by using the Sign In option on the page, not by completing the registration form and using the Sign Up option; attempting to re-register will fail.
- If the Identity Provider uses an authentication URL
- An invitation email with an activation link is sent. Click the activation link or paste it in a browser. The activation link takes you to a sign up page where you enter your credentials, which then become your user name and password. Upon authentication, the API Connect user record is updated from the backend identity provider.
If multiple user registries are available for selection on the sign up page, then make sure that the correct registry for your Cloud Manager account is selected. You might need to ask your administrator which user registry is appropriate for your account.
For information on configuring user registries and making them available for Cloud Manager login, see User registries overview and Selecting user registries for Cloud Manager and API Manager.
- Click Sign up to complete your registration, then click Sign in to open the Cloud Manager login page.
You have created your API Connect administrator account.
Log in to the Cloud Manager user interface and, depending on your role, start to manage the cloud topology, and work with provider organizations and cloud resources.
What to do next
To access the Cloud Manager login page in the future, use the following URL:
where host is the fully qualified host name or IP address of the Management server.