Specifying external documentation for an operation
You can referencing an external resource for extended documentation for an API operation.
About this task
- This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- OpenAPI 3.0 APIs are supported only with the DataPower® API Gateway, not with the DataPower Gateway (v5 compatible).
- For details of current OpenAPI 3.0 support limitations, see OpenAPI 3.0 support in IBM® API Connect.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the required API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
- Expand Paths, then expand the required Path.
- Expand Operations, expand the required operation, then click External Documentation.
- Provide the following information:
- URL (required): The URL for the target documentation.
- Description: An optional description of the target documentation. You can use CommonMark syntax for rich text representation.
- Click Save when done.