Renaming an API definition
By renaming an API definition, you change the
name property that,
together with the version, is used to uniquely identify the API definition in API Connect. The
name property is initially generated automatically when you first create the API
definition, based on the title, but you can later change it if desired.
About this task
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
API Manager UI only:
To complete this task, you must be assigned a role that has the
permission. The pre-supplied Developer role has this permission by default; if you are assigned a
custom role it must have this permission. For more information, see Creating custom
- In the navigation pane, click Develop, then select the APIs tab.
- Click the title of the API that you want to work with.
- Click the options menu icon:
- To rename the API, select Rename. Only this version of the API is renamed.
- Enter the new name, then click Submit. Note: If you previously added the API to a Product, it will no longer be recognized by that Product. You must open the Product and modify the
apis:section on the Source tab as appropriate; for example:
apis: newname1.0.0: name: 'newname:1.0.0'