Specifying API metadata
API metadata provides summary information about the API. You enter API metadata in the Info section of the API definition.
About this task
Note: This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the required API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- Expand the General section, then click Info.
- Provide the following information:
- Title (required): The title of the API.
- Name: The name was generated automatically when the API was created and cannot be changed. The value in the Name field is a single string that is used to identify the API in developer toolkit CLI commands. To view the CLI commands to manage draft APIs, see apic draft-apis.
- Version: The API version is specified when the API is initially created and cannot be changed thereafter. You can, however, create a new version of an existing API; see Creating a new version of an API definition.
- Description: An optional description of the API. You can use CommonMark syntax for rich text representation.
- Terms of Service: A URL to the Terms of Service for the API.
- Contact Name: The identifying name of the contact person/organization.
- Contact Url: A URL pointing to the contact information.
- Contact Email: The email address of the contact person/organization.
- License Name: The license name used for the API.
- License Url: A URL to the license used for the API.
- Click Save when done.