Defining schemas for an API
Schema components define reusable schemas that provide developers with information about the request they should make, or the response they should expect to receive, when calling an API operation.
About this task
Note: This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the required API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- If there are already one or more schemas defined, expand Definitions.
- You can create a new schema, or edit any existing schema.
- To create a schema, click the add icon alongside Definitions, then refer to Creating a schema.
- To edit an existing schema, click the schema component name in the navigation pane, then refer to Editing a schema.