Defining responses for an API
Responses define the HTTP status code and data returned in a response body and headers. Responses defined for an API can be used across operations.
About this task
Note: This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the required API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- If there already one or more responses defined, expand Response Definitions.
- You can either create a new response, or edit any existing response.
- To create a response, click the add icon alongside Response Definitions, then refer to Creating a response.
- To edit an existing response, click the response name in the navigation pane, then refer to Editing a response.