Defining request body components
A request body component is a reusable definition of the structure of the body of an API request.
About this task
- This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- OpenAPI 3.0 APIs are supported only with the DataPower® API Gateway, not with the DataPower Gateway (v5 compatible).
- For details of current OpenAPI 3.0 support limitations, see OpenAPI 3.0 support in IBM® API Connect.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the required API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
- Expand Request Bodies. then, if there are already one or more request body components defined, expand
- You can create a new request body component, or edit any existing request body
- To create a request body component, click the add icon alongside Request Bodies, then refer to Creating a request body.
- To edit an existing request body component, click the request body component name in the navigation pane, then refer to Editing a request body.