Defining link components
A link component is a reusable link definition that can be used to describe how various values returned by one operation can be used as input for other operations. In this way, links provide a known relationship and traversal mechanism between the operations.
About this task
- This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- OpenAPI 3.0 APIs are supported only with the DataPower® API Gateway, not with the DataPower Gateway (v5 compatible).
- For details of current OpenAPI 3.0 support limitations, see OpenAPI 3.0 support in IBM® API Connect.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
To make use of a link component, you must reference it from elsewhere in your API definition.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the required API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
- Expand Links. then, if there are already one or more link components defined, expand
- You can create a new link component, or edit any existing link component.
- To create a link component, click the add icon alongside Links, then refer to Creating a link.
- To edit an existing link component, click the link component name in the navigation pane, then refer to Editing a link.