Scripting with the toolkit commands
The IBM® API Connect developer toolkit provides commands for cloud administration and API development and management.
It's often helpful to automate a series of
apiccommands In a shell script. Since the
apictool first requires you to interactively accept the license, you must first use the following command:
Once you do that, your scripts can run non-interactively.
Toolkit command scripts allow you to automate many of the tasks required to set up and maintain your API products. A set of example scripts are available at https://github.com/ibm-apiconnect/example-toolkit-scripts.
These scripts demonstrate how to perform the following tasks.
- Create a Provider Organization
- Configure a catalog to use one or more gateways
- Create draft APIs and Products
- Publish Products
- Replace an existing published product with a new version
- Delete a product
- Create a Consumer Organization
- Create a new consumer app
- Subscribe the new app to an existing published product
- Stage a new product version
- Supercede the existing published product with the new one
- Migrate existing subscriptions from the old product to the new product