Customizing user account settings
You can customize the user account options that are displayed to users when they register and use the Developer Portal.
Before you begin
You must have administrator access to complete this task.
You can change what fields users of the Developer Portal see when they register to use the site, when they log in, and when they view their user account profile. For instance, you can change the field order display, hide fields, and add custom fields.
About this task
example, the Consumer organization field is a required entry field when a
user creates an account on the Developer Portal.
However, you can configure this field to be hidden, in which case the field is automatically
completed with a default entry of
firstname lastname of the new user
To customize the user account settings, complete the following steps.
- Log in to the Developer Portal as an administrator.
- If the administrator dashboard is not displayed, click Manage to display it.
in the administrator dashboard.The Account settings page is displayed.
From the Settings tab you can edit the following options:
- CONTACT SETTINGS; enable or disable the personal contact form for new users.
- PASSWORD RESET TIMEOUT; set the timeout in seconds for one-time login links. This setting applies only to the admin user of the Developer Portal.
- ANONYMOUS USERS; set the name to be used to indicate anonymous users.
ADIMINISTRATOR ROLE; assign the administrator role that is automatically
given new permissions whenever a new module is enabled. The default is
Note: The Superuser role has the highest level of permissions in the Developer Portal. This role bypasses all content access control, which means that users that have a Superuser role can see all of the site content. For more information, see Working with roles in the Developer Portal.
- LANGUAGE SETTINGS; enable or disable translation.
- REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION; enable or disable the password strength indicator, and set the action to take when a user account is canceled.
- Notification email address; set the email address to use as the from address for all account notifications.
- Emails; edit the emails that are sent when an account is blocked or canceled, or when a new password is requested.
- Click Save configuration to save your updates.
Click the Manage fields tab to customize the fields that are available
for storing user data.
Here you can edit the settings for current fields, delete fields, and add new fields. Remember to save any updates that you make.
Click the Manage form display tab to configure how the user forms are
- Click the Default form mode to configure how the form fields display when a user profile is being edited.
Click the Register form mode to configure how the form fields display
when a new user creates an account.
For each user form mode you can edit the field settings, enable and disable fields, and drag the fields to change their display order. You can also manage the form modes.
For example, to hide the Consumer organization field when a new user creates an account, click the Register form mode, and drag the Consumer organization into the Disabled section.
- Click Save to save your updates.
Click the Manage display tab to configure how fields are displayed on a
user profile page.
You can edit the field settings, enable and disable fields, and drag the fields to change their display order. You can also manage the display view modes. Remember to save any updates that you make.
- Click the Translate account settings tab to configure the language options for the user account settings. Remember to save any updates that you make.
You successfully customized the user account settings in the Developer Portal.