Adding custom pages
You can create custom pages within the Developer Portal. You can add a basic page for static content, or an article for news content.
Before you begin
You must have administrator or content author access to complete this task.
Use basic pages for your static content, such as an
About this task
About uspage. Typically, a basic page is used for static content that can be linked into the main navigation bar, although this is not a requirement. Use articles for time-sensitive content, like news, press releases, or blog posts.
To add custom pages, complete the following steps.
- Log in to the Developer Portal as an administrator or content author.
- If the administrator dashboard is not displayed, click Manage to display it.
- In the administrator dashboard, click Content.
- Click +Add content, then click either Basic page or Article, depending on the type of content you want to display.
- Enter a page title, select the language, and enter the content.
Specify the remaining page options as required.
If you want your new page to be linked to from a menu, you must complete the Menu settings section.
- Optional: Click Edit summary and specify a summary page description.
- Click Save to publish the new page immediately. If you don't want to publish the new page immediately, ensure that you deselect Published before saving.
You added a new custom page to the Developer Portal. You can edit the page after it is created by clicking Edit for the custom page.