Visualizations provide a way for you to apply a series of search criteria to your indexed data, compute metrics, and then graphically present the results in a convenient format for analysis or review. IBM® API Connect analytics provides some preconfigured visualizations for you to use to view common analytics data on your dashboards. You can also create your own visualizations.
Default visualizationsA list of visualizations is displayed when you select Visualize in the application selector and open the visualization application page for the first time. These are preconfigured visualizations of some common ways to parse and view analytics data. You can use these visualizations as they are, or clone them to customize them to your needs. You cannot modify the existing visualizations. After you have cloned or created some of your own visualizations, your visualizations also appear in this list.
The following default visualizations are provided with API Connect:
- API calls
- Provides a list of the API calls.
- API Calls per day
- Provides a graphical representation of the number of API calls that occurred each day.
- Apps per Plan
- Displays a pie chart with the number of subscriptions to each Plan.
- Average response time (ms)
- Lists the average response time across all of the APIs in milliseconds.
- Data Usage (bytes received)
- Lists the bytes of data that are received to complete your calls.
- Data Usage (bytes sent)
- Lists the bytes of data that are sent to complete your calls.
- Developer Organizations
- Lists the numerical value of the number of existing developer organizations.
- Displays the number of errors in a bar graph.
- Maximum Response Time (ms)
- Lists the maximum response time of the APIs in milliseconds.
- Minimum Response Time (ms)
- Lists the fastest response time of the APIs in milliseconds.
- Response Times (ms)
- Provides a complete list of the response times of the API calls in milliseconds.
- Response times (>1 sec)
- Displays the calls where the response times are greater than 1 second. Note: This visualization runs a search that limits the results to the last 500 calls.
- Status Codes (detailed)
- Lists the detailed status codes of the API requests.
- Status Codes (simple)
- Provides overview status codes for the API calls.
- Subscribed Apps
- Lists the number of subscribed apps.
- Success Rate
- Displays how many of your API calls were successful, compared to how many were submitted.
- Lists the successful API calls.Note: This visualization runs a search that limits the results to the last 500 calls.
- Top 5 APIs Overall (Daily Usage)
- Displays a graph of your 5 APIs that receive the most calls on a daily basis.
- Top 5 APIs Overall (Overall Usage)
- Displays a graph of your 5 APIs that receive the most calls..
- Top 5 Products Overall (Daily Usage)
- Displays a graph of your 5 Products that receive the most calls on a daily basis.
- Top 5 Products Overall (Overall Usage)
- Displays a graph of your 5 Products that receive the most calls.
You cannot directly modify the default visualizations. You can clone and modify them, or create
your own from scratch. The visualizations that you clone or create are added to the list of default
visualizations. The created visualizations are designated with a
Catalog or a
API Connect supports the following types of visualizations:
- Area chart
- Bar chart
- Coordinate map
- Data table
- Heat map
- Line chart
- Markdown widget
- Pie chart
- Region map
- Tag cloud
- Tile map
- Vertical bar chart