Updating a SOAP API
You can update the configuration of an existing SOAP API either by uploading a WSDL file, or by uploading a .zip archive that contains a primary WSDL file together with other WSDL or XSD files that it references.
About this task
You complete this task by using the browser based API Manager UI.
You can also use the API Connect developer toolkit CLI to update a SOAP API; for more information see API development and management commands.
When you initiate the update action, the specified WSDL is parsed to find a service that matches the name of the API that you are updating. If a match is found, the WSDL service is converted into a YAML file that is used to update the API. If no match is found, an error message is displayed.
Only those sections of the API that are affected by the new WSDL are replaced, the other sections are unchanged.
To update a SOAP API from a WSDL file or a .zip archive, complete the following steps:
- In the navigation pane, click Develop, then select the APIs tab.
- Click the title of the SOAP API that you want to update.
- Click the options menu icon:
Then click Update WSDL, and either drag and drop the file, or click the
link to select the file from your local file system.
The format of the WSDL file is validated. If the format is invalid, an error message is displayed.
The services in the selected API are displayed. If no match is found, an error message is displayed.
- Click Upload. The SOAP API is updated from the specified WSDL definition.
- Click Save to save the updates.
If you updated a previously published API, you must publish it again for the change to take
- Click the Online/Offline toggle (shown in step 3) to set the API as Offline.
- Click the toggle again to set the API back to Online, which publishes the API again.