Defining example components
An example component is a reusable example that you can add to an API to make the specification of your API clearer.
About this task
- This task relates to configuring an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition. For details on how to configure an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition, see Editing an OpenAPI 2.0 API definition.
- OpenAPI 3.0 APIs are supported only with the DataPower® API Gateway, not with the DataPower Gateway (v5 compatible).
- For details of current OpenAPI 3.0 support limitations, see OpenAPI 3.0 support in IBM® API Connect.
You can complete this task either by using the API Designer UI application, or by using the browser based API Manager UI.
To make use of an example component, you must reference it from elsewhere in your API definition.
At any time, you can switch directly to the underlying OpenAPI YAML source that corresponds to the design form in the user interface by clicking the Source icon . To return to the design form, click the Form icon .
- Open the required API for editing, as described in Editing an OpenAPI 3.0 API definition.
- Expand Examples. then, if there are already one or more example components defined, expand
- You can create a new example component, or edit any existing example component.
- To create an example component, click the add icon alongside Examples, then refer to Creating an example.
- To edit an existing example component, click the example component name in the navigation pane, then refer to Editing an example.