Booting a system that has crashed
In some instances, you might have to boot a system that has stopped (crashed) without being properly shut down.
The prerequisites for this procedure are:
- Your system crashed and was not properly shut down due to unusual conditions.
- Your system is turned off.
This procedure covers the basics of how to boot if your system was unable to recover from a crash. Perform the following steps:
- Ensure that all hardware and peripheral devices are correctly connected.
- Turn on all of the peripheral devices.
- Watch the screen for information about automatic hardware
- If any hardware diagnostics tests are unsuccessful, refer to the hardware documentation.
- If all hardware diagnostics tests are successful, turn the system unit on.