Step 4. Booting from your installation media
Follow this procedure for booting from your installation media.
- Turn the system unit power switch from Off (0) to On (|).
- When the system beeps twice, press F5 on the keyboard (or
5on an ASCII terminal). If you have a graphics display, you will see the keyboard icon on the screen when the beeps occur. If you have an ASCII terminal (also called a tty terminal), you will see the word
keyboardwhen the beeps occur.Note: If your system does not boot using the F5 key (or the
5key on an ASCII terminal), refer to your hardware documentation for information about how to boot your system from an AIX® product media.
The system begins booting from the installation media.
- If you have more than one console, each might display
a window that directs you to press a key to identify your system console.
A different key is specified for each console displaying this window. If this
window displays, press the specified key only on the console you want
to use for the installation. (The system console is the keyboard and display
device used for installation and system administration.)
A window displays, asking you to select a language to be used during installation.
- Select the language you prefer to use during installation.
- When the Welcome to Base Operating System Installation and Maintenance window displays, type 2 in the Choice field to select Change/Show Installation Settings and Install and press Enter. Go to Step 5. Verifying or changing the installation settings for instructions on verifying or changing installation settings.