Learn how to manage and tune the performance of your AIX® operating system.
- IBM AIX Dynamic System Optimizer
- The IBM® AIX Dynamic System Optimizer is a stand-alone feature for the AIX operating system that automatically adjusts settings to maximize system efficiency.
- Performance management
- Learn how to perform such tasks as assessing and tuning the performance of processors, file systems, memory, disk I/O, NFS, Java, and communications I/O.
- Performance Tools Guide and Reference
- Performance tuning on a new system involves setting base parameters for the operating system and its applications. The CPU Utilization Reporting Tool (curt), Simple performance lock analysis tool (splat), and procmon tool allow for optimal performance tuning.