Initializes the Network Installation Management (NIM) master fileset, configures the NIM master, and creates the required resources for installation.
- Determines which volume group and file system will contain the NIM resources.
- If necessary, creates the volume group and file system.
- Creates a NIM mksysb of the master.
- Backup image.
- Creates a NIM lpp_source resource.
- Source for product images.
- Creates a NIM spot resource.
- Shared Product Object Tree (SPOT) - equivalent to /usr file system.
- Creates a NIM bosinst_data resource.
- config file used during BOS installation.
- Creates a NIM resolv_conf resource.
- Name-server configuration file.
- Defines a default resource group for use during install. The default resource group will contain all NIM resources defined during command execution.
- Copies a sample client.defs configuration
file into the defined NIM file system.
- Sample file which may be edited for adding clients in the NIM environment.
|-a|| Assigns the following attribute=value pairs:
|-B||Disables the creation of the backup image.|
|-F||Disables the creation of the file system.|
|-L||Disables the creation of the lpp_source resource.|
|-v||Enables verbose debug output during command execution.|
Returns zero (0) upon success.
Access Control: You must have root authority to run the nim_master_setup command.
Attention RBAC users and Trusted AIX® users: This command can perform privileged operations. Only privileged users can run privileged operations. For more information about authorizations and privileges, see Privileged Command Database in Security. For a list of privileges and the authorizations associated with this command, see the lssecattr command or the getcmdattr subcommand.
- To install the NIM master fileset and initialize the NIM environment
using install media located in device /dev/cd1,
nim_master_setup -a device=/dev/cd1
- To initialize the NIM environment without creating NIM install
nim_master_setup -a mk_resource=no
- To initialize the NIM environment, create NIM install resources
without creating a backup image, using install media located under
mount point /cdrom, type:
nim_master_setup -a device=/cdrom -B
- To define NIM resources in an existing NIM environment, using
install media located in device /dev/cd0,
and create a new file system named /export/resources/NIM under
volume group nimvg, type:
nim_master_setup -a volume_group=nimvg \ -a file_system=/export/resources/NIM
|/etc/niminfo||Contains variables used by NIM.|
|/var/adm/ras/nim.setup||Contains log information from command execution.|