Mail management tasks
The mail manager is responsible for these tasks.
- Configure the /etc/rc.tcpip file so that the sendmail daemon will be started at system boot time. See Starting the sendmail daemon during system boot.
- Customize the configuration file /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. The default /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file is configured so that both local mail and TCP/IP mail can be delivered. In order to deliver mail through BNU, you must customize the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file. See the sendmail.cf File in Files Reference for more information.
- Define system-wide and domain-wide mail aliases in the /etc/mail/aliases file. See Mail aliases for more information.
- Manage the Mail Queue. See Mail queue for more information.
- Manage the Mail Log. See Mail logging for more information.