Displaying PCI hot-plug slot information
Before you add, remove, or replace a hot-plug adapter, you can display information about the PCI hot-plug slots in a machine.
You can display the following information:
- A list of all the PCI hot-plug slots in the machine
- Whether a slot is available or empty
- Slots that are currently in use
- The characteristics of a specific slot such as slot name, description, connector type, and the attached device name
You can use SMIT or system commands. To perform these tasks, you must log in as root user.
SMIT fastpath procedure
- Type smit devdrpci at the system prompt, then press Enter.
- Use the SMIT dialogs to complete the task.
To obtain additional information for completing the task, you can select the F1 Help key in the SMIT dialogs.
You can use the following commands to display information about hot-plug slots and connected devices: