Using EZNIM to configure a NIM client
Follow these steps to configure a NIM client with EZNIM.
On a client system, use the SMIT eznim fast path. Select Configure as a NIM client, and the following options display:
Add this system to a NIM environment Configure Client Communication Services Update this system Reinstall this system Reset this system Show the NIM environment
- To define your client in the NIM environment, select Add this system to a NIM environment.
- To configure your NIM client for SSL authentication, select Configure Client Communication Services. This option allows you to install and configure the cryptographic software in the OpenSSL RPM package. After you configure OpenSSL, you can select nimsh as the communication protocol used by the client. Any incoming NIM master service requests are then authenticated through SSL socket connections.
- To update your client, select Update this system. This option allows you to perform an update_all operation on your client using an lpp_source resource.
- To reinstall your client, select Reinstall this system. This option allows you to perform a mksysb restore or native, rte install on a selected client (or clients). You must then select a system backup image to restore or an lpp_source to install and decide whether to reboot and install the client now.
- To reset your client in the NIM environment, select Reset this system. This option resets the state of the client in the NIM environment. Use this option after a NIM operation has failed, and you want to return the client to the ready state.
- To view the default resources in the EZNIM environment, select Show the NIM environment. The resources are defined using EZNIM Master Operations.