Installing to an alternate disk on a NIM client using SMIT
Follow this procedure for installing to an alternate disk on a NIM client using SMIT.
- Enter the smit nim_alt_mksysb fast path from the NIM master.
- Select the Target Machine or Target Group to Install.
- Enter the Target Disk or Disks on the Target machine.
- Accept the default installation options, or supply different ones in the displayed dialog fields. Use the help information and the LIST option for guidance.
- The alternate disk installation will be initiated on the client, and progress can be seen with the lsnim command (smit lsnim). If the Reboot when complete? option is set to yes and the Phase to execute is all or includes Phase 3, the client will reboot from the newly installed disk when the alt_disk_install command is complete.
- To clone a disk onto a NIM client's alternate disk, enter the smit nim_alt_clone fast path from the NIM master.