Working with secondary adapter file rules
The format of the secondary adapter file must comply with these rules.
- After the stanza header, follow attribute lines of the form: Attribute = Value
- If you define the value of an attribute multiple times within the same stanza, only the last definition is used.
- If you use an invalid attribute keyword, that attribute definition is ignored.
- Each line of the file can have only one header or attribute definition.
- More than one stanza can exist in a definition file for each machine host name.
- Each stanza for a machine host name represents a secondary adapter definition on that NIM client. No two secondary adapter definitions for the same machine host name can have the same location or interface_name. There should be only one definition per adapter or interface on a given NIM client.
- If the stanza header entry is the default keyword, this specifies to use that stanza for the purpose of defining default values.
- You can specify a default value for any secondary adapter attribute. However, the netaddr and secondary_hostname attributes must be unique. Also, the location and interface_name attributes must be unique on a NIM client.
- If you do not specify an attribute for a secondary adapter but define a default value, the default value is used.
- You can specify and change default values at any location in the definition file. After a default value is set, it applies to all definitions that follow.
- To turn off a default value for all following machine definitions, do not set the attribute value in a default stanza.
- To turn off a default value for a single machine definition, do not set the attribute value in the machine stanza.
- You can include comments in a client definition file. Comments begin with the number sign (#).
- When parsing the definition file for header and attribute keywords and values, tab characters and spaces are ignored.
Note: During a nim -o bos_inst or nim -o cust operation, if NIM examines the configuration data on the client and determines that a secondary adapter is already configured with precisely the attributes requested in the adapter_def resource, this secondary adapter is not reconfigured.