Preparing your system for BOS installation
Follow this procedure for preparing to migrate to the AIX® Version 7.2 BOS.
Prepare for migrating to the AIX Version 7.2 BOS by performing the following steps:
- Insert the AIX Volume 1 disk into the media device.
- Shut down your system. If your machine is currently running,
power it off now by following these steps:
Attention: You must not turn on the system unit until instructed to do so in Booting from your installation media.
- Log in as the root user.
- Type the following command: # shutdown -F
- If your system does not automatically power off, place the power switch in the Off (0) position.
- Turn on all attached external devices. These
include the following:
- CD or DVD-ROM drives
- Tape drives
- External disk drives
Turning on the external devices first is necessary so the system unit can identify each peripheral device during the startup (boot) process.