Summary of documentation changes
This section lists the major changes that have been made to the IBM® ADDI documentation. The changes that are described in the list have an associated cross-reference for your convenience.
July 2023 edition, for ADDI 6.1.2
IBM AD User Guide
- Add a new topic for Cross Java To Mainframe Call Graph.
- Updated the Prerequisites section with the latest
compatibility information, supported platforms, Java™ runtime
environment, and versions.
- Added the information about the Eclipse compatibilities with Java version on the Prerequisite Software and Configurations.
- Added the information about creating the audit database automatically on the Db2 for LUW (Linux, UNIX, and Windows) prerequisites and IBM AD Web Services Prerequisites.
- Added the support for Windows Server 2022 and Windows 11. on the Supported Platforms and Versions.
- Updated the information about minimum required Java 8 and Java 11 and the consistency of Java version on the Java Runtime Environment.
- Updated the compatibility between IBM ADDI and IBM Wazi Analyze on the Java Analysis Prerequisites.
- Updated the information about securing and protecting the Docker Engine by using TLS on the Configuring Docker Engine for Remote Access with TLS.
- Updated Configuring by using IBM AD Configuration Wizard with the information about creating a sample GenApp project and perform a health check to validate that all components are running.
- Updated the Upgrading to IBM AD V220.127.116.11 topic that includes the upgrade procedures from IBM AD V18.104.22.168 by using IBM AD Upgrade Wizard. For more information, see Upgrading from IBM AD V22.214.171.124 by using IBM AD Upgrade Wizard.
- Add new topics for Control-M Usage Settings and Control-M Usage.
- Updated Generating call chain analysis results by using API URLs to introduce the usage of a new query parameter info.
- Updated and restructured Checking the log files of components and Activating the debug logs for IBM AD Analyze Client.
- Removed all mentions and instructions about Business Rule Discovery (BRD) services, ADDI Extensions, Analyze Server relevant services, Java Legacy features, and Linux®/zLinux support from IBM AD User Guide.
- Updated Installing IBM AD Analyze Client by adding the steps to install Eclipse or IBM Developer for z/OS® (IDz) before you install IBM AD Analyze Client.
- Updated Adjusting Settings and II. Description of the IBM AD Build Client Batch Commands with the new guidance on saving project properties from command-line interface with IBM AD Build.
- Updated PL/I Preprocessor Global Settings with the usage of parameters pl1PP.expandedFolder, pl1PP.annotateInclude, and pl1PP.skip_first_cols.
- Updated the following pages with z/OS User Authentication feature.
- Updated the instructions on enhanced Build Client, Graph Database Server, and Batch Server configurations with SSL on the Enabling encryption channel between IBM AD Build Client and IBM AD ZooKeeper.
- Updated STEP 9. Configuring IBM AD Batch Server to introduce the automation of configuring the IBM AD Batch Server with SSL.
- Updated IBM AD Web Service with the instructions on securing environment configuration on IBM AD Web Service before you use IBM AD Web Service REST APIs.
- Updated Configuration for IBM MQ and Retrieve Operational Information with more information about MQ support for IBM AD Connect for Mainframe.
- Added a section in Adding Files to Project Folders
to introduce the two MQ configuration files:
- Updated Configuring IBM AD Analyze Client with the new updates that need to be done in the eclipse.ini or developer_for_zos.ini file before you configure IBM AD Analyze Client.
- Updated CA7 Paths and CA7 Job Triggering Flow to clarify that CA7 Analysis does not support for showing the relationships between jobs on SCHID=000 in the graph.
- Updated the Make section of Updating Projects to include specific cases related to the flagging of a file for Make build selection during the verification process.
- Updated Log Configuration Files Example with the information and example of log4j2.xml.
- Removed the manual steps of configuring IBM AD Batch Server from Managing Security in IBM AD.
- Updated the command to export an unencrypted private key in Prepare files for enabling secure communication.
- Updated the following security settings.
- Removed IBM Application Discovery Configuration Admin Service and related information from the following pages.
IBM Wazi Analyze User Guide
- Updated the Understanding the scan options in the configuration file topic to introduce several new scan options:
- COBOL applications: OPTION_INC_COPY
- PL/I applications: OPTION_NESTED, OPTION_IMPACTSYS_CALLS, OPTION_NOTABEXPAND, OPTION_COPYCASEMAP, and OPTION_INC_COPY
- Assembler applications: OPTION_NOTABEXPAND and OPTION_INC_COPY
- C applications: OPTION_390C, OPTION_SUPPRESS, OPTION_C_LONGLONG, and DEFINES, DEFINES1 to DEFINESn
- Java applications: OPTION_SUPPRESS
- Updated the instructions in Migrating to a newer version.
- Updated the following topics with minor changes: