Configuring IBM AD Batch Server Service
About this task
Before running IBM® AD Batch Server, some preliminary configurations must be performed. You need to specify on which projects you want IBM AD Batch Server to run the reports, which reports to generate and where to store the generated reports.
- Access Batch Server Service settings page is displayed. , and go to . The
- Add the folder path in which the indexes are generated. Note: If you want to enable the special character indexing property, locate the startServer.bat file under <IBM ADDI Installation Folder>\IBM Application Discovery Batch Server, and set index.useExtraMarkers to be true.
- Select the projects on which IBM AD Batch Server will operate.
- Select at least one component that will run on the selected projects.
Detailed information on the additional components that can be considered for this service.
Table 1. Additional Components Component Description RuleBased The RuleBased component generates reports for the resources that are specified in the configuration files according to the rules and parameters that are defined in the corresponding configuration files.Note: If the RuleBased component is used, make sure that the ruleBased.properties file is configured. For more information, go to ruleBased.properties File. Reports The Reports component is used to generate the complexity reports. For more information, go to Complexity Reports. CobolPreprocessor The CobolPreprocessor, JCLPreprocessor, and PL1Preprocessor components generate the expanded sources for Cobol, JCL, and PL/I. For more information, go to View Expanded Source. JCLPreprocessor PL1Preprocessor
- Click Save. Note: Make sure to restart Batch Server Service after saving the changes.