Advanced Java Call Graph
- Make sure that the Java Analysis prerequisites are met. For more information, see Java Analysis Prerequisites.
- IBM AD Wazi Analyze has been configured in IBM AD Configuration Server. For more information, see Configuring Wazi Analyze.
- A Java project has been created and built in IBM AD Build Client. For more information, see Creating an Advanced Java project.
Advanced Java Call Graph
To display the Java Call Graph, in Application Discovery Browser perspective, from the Projects list in the central part of the Explore Projects view, select the Java project for which you want to generate a Java call graph. For details on perspectives and their components, see IBM® AD Analyze Client Reference.
In the Java Graphs section, to the right of the Explore Projects view, double-click Java Call Graph to display the Java Call Graph Analysis Wizard.
- Package - expects the name of a package that is present in the project. The value can be
a string or the special character "*". You can also choose the package from the drop-down list.
Note: The drop down list is sorted such that the resources coming from source are displayed on top of the list, followed by resources coming from outside of the source. The resource entries could also be distinguished by looking at the prefix
(source)represents the resource is within the source whereas
(library)represents the resource is coming from outside the source.
- Class name - expects the name of a class that exists in the project. The value can be a
string or the special character "*". You can also choose the class name from the drop-down
list.Note: If a class name was entered make sure that the class belongs to the specified package.
- Method name - expects the name of a method that exists in the class. The value can be a
string or the special character "*". You can also choose the method name from the drop-down
list.Note: If a method name was entered make sure that the method belongs to the specified class.
- Graph depth - set the graph analysis depth.
AD Graphs tab displays the generated graph. To navigate the graph use buttons in the graph toolbar. For details, see Graphical Analysis Toolbar. To show details on the meaning of the elements of the graph use the Legend button. For details on the graph legend, see Showing the Graph Legend.
AD Graph Overview window presents an overview of the entire graph, which can be useful when you work with large graphs. For details, see AD Graph Overview Window.
AD Graph Inventory pane presents a list of all the elements in the graph. For details, see AD Graph Inventory View.