Creating a Project by using the Export Path CSV File
About this task
Starting with IBM® AD V188.8.131.52, the new Java™ utility com.ibm.ad.create.project-1.0.0.jar, present in the <IBM ADDI Installation Folder>/support/CreateADProject folder helps you to create a new project in the background.
Before you run the com.ibm.ad.create.project-1.0.0.jar Java utility, perform the following steps:
- Copy the exported .CSV file under /CreateADProject
folder.Note: The .CSV file represents the output of the Export Paths feature, file that is generated from IBM AD Analyze Client. For more information, see Graphical Analysis Overview.
- Define the content of the NPSkel.ini file as
ProjectName = "%%ProjectName%%" Path = "<REPLACE_WITH_PATH_TO_AD_PROJECTS_FOLDER>\%%ProjectName%%" Environment = "zOS" ProjectLanguages = "DT Cobol,Assembler,Cobol,Natural,PL1,Ads" DBTypes = "Datacom,IDMS,Adabas,Relational,IMS/DB" MapTypes = "Natural (LNM),CICS (BMS), IMS TM (MFS),ADS Map" ProjectDBType = "SQL" <OR> "DB2" CCSEnvironment = "<REPLACE_WITH_ENVIRONMENT_NAME_FROM_CCS>" DBServerName = "<REPLACE_WITH_DB_SERVER_NAME_FROM_CCS> [localhost:<REPLACE_WITH_DB_PORT_FROM_CCS>]"Note: For more information on how to define the NPSkel.ini file, see 1. Create a new project in background.
- Copy the exported .CSV file under /CreateADProject folder.
- Run the following command:
java -jar com.ibm.ad.create.project-1.0.0.jar "C:\Program Files\IBM Application Discovery and Delivery Intelligence\IBM Application Discovery Build Client\Bin\Release\IBMApplicationDiscoveryBuildClient.exe" ProjectName ExportedFile.csvWhere:
- ProjectName - represents the name of the project that will be created.
- ExportedFile.csv - represents the output of the Export Paths feature.
- As a result, a new project is created. It contains all information that is defined in the
NPSkel.ini and .CSV files. Note: The created project is already built.