V. Setting up Automatic Updates with Windows Scheduler
About this task
The Windows Scheduler can be used to run automatic, periodic updates to make sure that the resources you are working on are always up-to-date.
- To set up the automatic updates in Windows Scheduler, select , type the password or provide the confirmation.. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation
- Select the Action menu then click the Create Basic Task. Type a name for the task and an optional description then click Next.
- Do one of the following actions.
- To select a schedule based on the calendar, click Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or One time, click Next; specify the schedule that you want to use, and then click Next.
- To select a schedule based on common recurring events, click When the computer starts or When I log on, and then click Next.
- To select a schedule based on specific events, click When a specific event is logged, then click Next. Specify the event log and other information by using the menu lists, and then click Next.
- To schedule a program to start automatically, click Start a program, and then click Next.
- Click Browse to find the program you want to start, and then click
Next. Click Finish.
Note: The *.bat file present in the IV. Use Cases and Best Practices section can be used in the scheduler.