Analyzing Resources From an Endevor Remote System
When you work with resources that are hosted on an Endever Remote System, security restrictions might prevent you from seeing the contents of those resources in the Editor view. IBM® AD Analyze is able to generate all the analyses for those resources, but to view their contents in the Editor view, you must set up a connection to the Endevor Remote System.
Before you begin
Let’s assume you already have a project with sources brought from a remote mainframe system using the Endevor feature. You generate a graph, you select an element from the graph, and you want to see the contents of the selected resource in the Editor view. Right-click and from the shortcut menu select View Analysis Source.
If you didn't create a CARMA connection to the remote mainframe system, a warning message informs you that the selected resource cannot be accessed.
If you created one or several CARMA connections to the remote mainframe system, a list of available connections is displayed. Select which connection you want to use in order to view the contents the selected resource in the Editor view. The tooltip of the Editor view displays the details of the CARMA connection that was used to show the contents of the resource.
Below are the steps that must be taken in order to view the resource contents in the Editor view.
About this task
This task presents the steps that must be performed in order to see in the Editor view a resource from a remote Endevor system.
- Create a project in IBM AD
Build and bring resources from the remote Endevor system:
- In IBM AD Build Client: Create a project.
- In IBM AD
- Create a z/OS® connection.
- Associate the z/OS connection to your project.
- Configure the z/OS connection for the Endevor system (the ENDEVOR Info tab).
- In IBM AD Build
Once you completed these steps, when you open your IBM AD Analyze Client the new project is available in the projects list in the Explore projects tab of AD Explore view.
- Bring resources from the remote Endevor system using the defined z/OS connection.
- Build your project. For details on how to create a project in IBM AD Build, and how to bring resources from Endevor systems, see Managing Application Projects with IBM AD Build.
- In your IBM AD Analyze Client, define a CARMA connection to the remote Endevor system. When you set up the CARMA connection, make sure that to choose a user with access rights. For details on how to create a connection to a remote system, see the IDz or RDz documentation. For details on the supported versions, see Prerequisite Software and Configurations.
- In your IBM AD Analyze Client, locate the wanted resource using the Explore Project tab and double-click it to display its contents in the Editor view. Alternatively you can generate a graph and select from the graph the element you want see in the Editor view. Right-click and from the pop-up menu select View Analysis Source.